About the Project

Northern Meditation Project is a meditation experiment. I have been meditating for many years and during these years I have noticed that in winter it feels harder to sit. Here in Finland winter is cold, dark and gloomy. In summer times you can sit outside and feel the nature around you. In the beginning of 2014 I got the idea to sit outside in winter and that's why I started to write this blog.

I'm documenting my sitting experiences here. Some notes are more detailed and some are more like short sketches. I'll try to take a photo from every sitting. My meditation practice is Recollective Awareness Meditation or Open Meditation as I call it in Finnish (see Avoin meditaatio web site in Finnish). Meditation teacher Jason Siff has developed this approach and I'm studying it with the help of him.

If you are interested about the project or want to join it, contact me juhana@avoinmeditaatio.fi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment